Thursday, April 24, 2008

Work

Hi there,

This blog of mine has been abandoned real long.. what to do, nothing to post ma.. =p
Had been attending interviews for the past few months, can't really seem to get a good offer..
Most of the jobs are related to sales sales sales and sales AND marketing!!
= =''
Other than that, was relaxing at home.. =)

Grrr!!! Why is it so hard for science grads here to get a 'related to what I study in uni' kind of employment (with decent pay also la =p). Hmm, tried applying using job sites like Jobstreet.com. Found a few suitable positions but got over 150 to 200 applications for each. Competition is so ridiculously high! Really SO not enough jobs in Malaysia meh? Until need to be like that? hehehe...

..... to those that plan to major in biotech/biomedical field in the future, maybe I should really advice you all to think again.. =p Only do so if you are really really really interested in doing research and plan to go all the way till PhD level.

If you are not, just go be an accountant or engineer hehe. Jobs are widely available for these two fields. Pay are much better too. XD

Anyway, was lucky enough to land myself an 'acceptable' position. Apparently, I accidentally googled this company up. The Asiatic Center for Genome Technology. It is the biotechnology division of Asiatic Development Berhad, a plantation company which is also a subsidiary of the Genting Group. The company is involve in genomic science and is focusing on the application of genome technology for crop improvement (namely rubber and oil palm) bla bla bla bla =p. Ask me to define what is Genomic? I don't know! I forgot! LOL

Anyway I was offer the position of Scientific Executive there. I am not too sure of the job responsibilities yet as I will only start on the 2nd May. Anyway, the only 'setback' is that I will be based in Sepang near KLIA. Will be involve in the R&D of Jatropha curcas, a plant use in the production of biofuel. Hehe, sounds interesting eh. =) The pay is also so so la, above average pay maybe because I need to work in Sepang. Ya, quite ulu I know..

Besides that, got another offer from 1st Base Laboratory as a Lab Officer. I declined that offer. =p

So, will have a few more days of holiday before I begin working. I tell you all I am more than ready now.
Work Hard!
Learn More!
Earn More! =p

Wish me luck ya! =D

Went to Monash today to fill in the paperwork for the student withdrawal application. Went into the library but don't recognize any faces. Can feel the 'emptiness' in there hahaha. Like a lone ranger. Anyway, will get to claim back the deposits paid earlier during the study, quite a huge amount of money there hehe.

Bumped into a few former coursemates later. Meet up with Randy as well and had lunch at Wendy's. A new fast-food restaurant in pyramid opposite McD.

Not bad.




Beef Burger?


Mine... Fish Burger?

^^

Till then.. later..

Bye.

BRI@N =p

No comments: