Saturday, July 14, 2007

2P 2C

Yo..

1st semester results finally came out few days ago..
Well, it seems that I am getting 'smarter' each semester..
Why? Cause I am getting more and more P grades.. = =''
So far, last semester was the best I ever get, 2 Ps together.. tsk tsk..

Wuahahaha...
Anyway, was not expecting to do so well last semester..
First reason was that I was super duper lazy.. really slacking during the entire sem..
Yes, come to think about it.. I kind of deserve it ><""..
Besides dedicating most of the time plagiarizing reports ^o^ and assignments.. I did not really study..
Study was only done right before the exam haha...
And Monash don't provide study break... = =
And you know how it goes.. =p

In the end, I had to cramp the entire semester of facts into my head and to pour it all out again in the exam hall..
Well, it kind of works for me for the last 2 years in Monash..
Sad to say, the method above only works for some units..
But as I am already in my third and final year.. I guess it ain't that easy.. O_o''

For instance, I wouldn't worry much for units that I had scored quite high internally.. say.. around 38/50..
Only answering 1/3 of the final paper would enable me to pass.. of course I will achieved more than that..usually I think.. haha..
And thus the stress is not as great cause the priority would be to achieve higher grades and not just to aim for a P.. =p

But hor, the last sem was really different..
Instead of getting the usual average marks.. I ended up with much lower internal..
= ='' tell you its kinda scary..

SCI3716 Laboratory Management was still ok although I skip the entire lectures for the whole sem... due to the high internal the assignment carries..
GEN3030 Genetics was ok as well..
PHA3801 Pharmacology was not so good..
The worst of all, the unit BTH3757 Molecular Biology and Biotechnology.. I actually got a 22/50 for internal! !@#$...

I failed the internal... and the prerequisite to pass the unit is to pass both internal and the theory exam..
So no choice. have to go and see the lecturer.. = =''
Went with my friend..
Haih, kena from the lecturer luu, keep asking what we want him to do by seeing him although he is the one asking us to go his office.. = ="" (pengsan)
So finally got his permission to sit for the exam.. although he did say he can't guarantee us a pass..
We have to do exceptionally well in the finals to 'impressed' him...

So was really stressed out during the finals..

Exams was ok.. except for one paper - GEN3030..
Mind went blank during the paper.. cant recall any of the genes involved in development.. and in the end did not finish the paper..

The molecular biology paper was fine but I am not sure whether what I have written was good enough to 'impressed' him.. = =''

Arrgghh!!!?? How did I end up like this!! There is a high possibility that I will receive my first 'Failed' grade or grade(s) this semester.. !@#$!!!

OMG.. and not to mention the extra 3K that needed to be paid per unit in order to repeat..

So, when I finally logged in to view my result on Thursday.. heart was beating fast .. sked sked...

Well, it turn out that I still manage to pass all my units.. in fact GEN3030 still scored lower than BTH3757 although with a much higher internal.. gosh, guess I really screwed up the Genetics finals..

Anyway, I do manage to 'impressed' my BTH3757 lecturer hehe....

Although I am relieved, but kinda sad too in a way, although my average is still in the 'credit' region, I will have to work harder to move it to the 'distinction' region if I am considering Honours..
And so this coming last semester will be my last chance to prove it.. hehe..
And also to learn from the mistakes last sem and never never to repeat it haha..

Seriously, have to work hard already.. =)

Wish me luck XD

Till then, signing off....

BRI@N

1 comment:

jason said...

Stumbled upon this post on your blog while searching for lab management materials!